Yo, We Are Hiring (Can't Stop Won't Stop)
Do you make the machine beep-boop-beep-beep-boop like nobody's business? Are you a user-centric, curious creator with an agile approach? Do you have a more logic than the Identity Principle, an addiction to producing pixel-perfect product, and a desire to work with high-growth digitally-driven brands that make innovative, game changing, must-have products? Um, yeah!
We are hiring a full-time: Front End Developer
Location: Queen-and-Bathurst-ish, Toronto
Reporting to: Exec
WHAT WE DO
We do (very hands-on) growth strategy for innovative consumer product brands. We touch everything from highly analytical business model development through go-to-market strategy. We cross creative x performance all day long. We are obsessed with solving problems that stand in the way of business growth.
In short? We're crazy-entrepreneurial management consultants and go-to-market mathemagicians with scrappy graffiti around the edges. ;)
We are small. We are mighty. Our client brands are top-notch. What does that mean? You will learn a lot. You will see how to grow a consumer product brand from high level strategy through target-setting initiatives all the way down to literally pulling the levers that make the magic happen. You will simultaneously work on multiple clients and multiple projects.
We are a tight knit team, and we all do everything. (We believe that doing the work works.) Every voice is not only heard, but sought out. Every idea is not only welcome, but essential. You will make an impact.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN BRIEF
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging responsive ecommerce sites for multiple clients.
- Implement dynamic, responsive, beautiful, and high performing ecommerce interfaces
- Take responsibility for the website’s functionality and shoppability by understanding best practices in customer experience
- Utilize customer feedback and metrics in order to develop and test new features and experiences to move the needle on acquisition, engagement and retention metrics
- Design and code new features as prioritized by internal teams
- Continually optimize shopping experience for best-in-class performance
- Develop and conduct consistent internal QA systems and fix any bugs that may come up
- Suggest new features and technical improvements based on observations of user behaviour
- Consistently examine the way the product can enhance the customer’s shopping experience - researching and developing features, apps, and add-ons that can improve user experience
- A genuine curiosity about how emerging technology inspires shopping behaviour
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 2-3 years’ experience building ecommerce websites and creating rich, easy and engaging user experiences
- Interest in agile, test-driven development process
- Experience in working closely with 3rd party APIs
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude, humility, curiosity, and a damn good sense of humour
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You like what you hear? Head over and apply via LinkedIn. (Send us a cover letter or note too, if you're super interested - we love that stuff!)
We look forward to getting to know you!
Image props: Pexels.