Yo, We Are Hiring (We Like it Pretty)
Do you love making the pretty like nobody's business? Are you a rule-breaking, brand generating creator with an ability to design with data in mind? Do you have a willingness to do what it takes, an addiction to producing pixel-perfect product, and a desire to work with high-growth digitally-driven brands that make innovative, game changing, must-have products? Um, yeah!
We are hiring a full-time: Art Director
Location: Queen-and-Bathurst-ish, Toronto
Reporting to: Exec
WHAT WE DO
We do (very hands-on) growth strategy for innovative consumer product brands. We touch everything from highly analytical business model development through go-to-market strategy. We cross creative x performance all day long. We are obsessed with solving problems that stand in the way of business growth.
In short? We're crazy-entrepreneurial management consultants and go-to-market mathemagicians with scrappy graffiti around the edges. ;)
We are small. We are mighty. Our client brands are top-notch. What does that mean? You will learn a lot. You will see how to grow a consumer product brand from high level strategy through target-setting initiatives all the way down to literally pulling the levers that make the magic happen. You will simultaneously work on multiple clients and multiple projects.
We are a tight knit team, and we all do everything. (We believe that doing the work works.) Every voice is not only heard, but sought out. Every idea is not only welcome, but essential. You will make an impact.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN BRIEF
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for omnichannel brand creation and refinement, original content creation, and design production and across relevant channels for multiple clients.
AGILE BRAND BUILDING
- Operating within the JC+CO process, use a deeply agile mindset to develop net new and refined client brands
- Contribute to ongoing learnings, conduct ongoing creative research within competitive set, and delivery data-informed, brand-driven growth strategy
- Align with creative leadership to develop visionary visual creative across channels (digital, social, retail, unboxing, packaging, etc.) to bring brand to accelerated life and create motivating stimulus to inspire action
- Make recommendations on collaboration opportunities with like brands
DIGITAL CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT
- Build digital collateral, inclusive of website assets, email marketing assets, and other assets as required, following creative direction and brand guidelines
- Build deep familiarity with tools to optimize digital marketing execution
- Activate weekly client digital marketing plans, ensuring consistency across email assets, website assets, social assets, and on-site featured products
- Lead the visual creation of original photos, videos, Boomerangs, and other visual assets as required to support social and digital marketing content strategies
- Create social advertising assets in multiple languages and formats
- Oversee the visual content library, ensuring it is consistently updated and organized systematically with all available content for social advertising purposes
PHYSICAL CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT
- Conceptualize, design and execute product labels, packaging, unboxing experience, etc.
- Liaise with internal team and suppliers to request quotes, dielines, drawdowns, samples, and attend press approvals as required
- Design and execute mock-up samples to drive the iterative development process
- Develop and execute retail merchandising & display units that communicate key messages to drive impulse purchase and support sales objectives
- Develop and execute design concepts and templates for growth initiatives including, but not limited to: digital, social, retail, partnerships, affiliates, events, sponsorship, trade shows and experiential activations
- Build corporate and presentation collateral, inclusive of planogram renderings, PR materials, and day-to-day assets
- Prepare and transfer all essential assets to retailer partners for usage on their digital platforms according to their digital requirements
- Plan, style, execute photoshoots for product campaigns
- A genuine interest in building modern brands using a modern approach
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Design
- 5-7 years’ experience building brands with consistency across touch points
- Adobe Creative Suite (must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Indesign, Premiere Pro)
- Photography, editing and basic knowledge of studio lighting a must
- Video production skills a plus
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude, humility, curiosity, and a damn good sense of humour
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You like what you hear? Head over and apply via LinkedIn. (Send us a cover letter or note too, if you're super interested - we love that stuff!)
We look forward to getting to know you!
Image props: Pexels.